My KitchenAid mixer was looking a lil lonely this weekend, so I decided to make some cupcakes to bring into work. Admittedly, I wasn’t in the mood to bake from scratch so I did use boxed cake mix, BUT they were still delicious. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with 24 cupcake tins.
- Separate Oreo cookies. Place creamed cookie half in the cupcake tins. Crush remaining cookie halves into small pieces and set aside.
- Make Pillsbury White Cake Mix according to directions on the box.
- Stir in 1/2 of the crushed cookie crumbles into the cake mix.
- Divide cake mix evenly among 24 cupcake tins.
- Bake according to box directions or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter using a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla and mix.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix.
- Keep alternating between vanilla and powered sugar until fully mixed.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 of the cookie crumbles into the frosting.
Once you’ve frosted your cupcakes, add a Oreo cookie half to the top for decoration.
- Pipe some extra frosting on the top of the cupcake to hold the Oreo cookie in place.
- If you are piping the frosting, make sure the cookie crumbles are very small so they don’t get clogged.