Hey Health Nuts! I’ve got another deliciously healthy dinner meal to share with you. It’s probably more of a summer meal that would be awesome on the grill, but it tastes good baked in the oven as well. 🙂
4 Pork Chops
4 Pineapple Slices (reserve 1/2 c. pineapple juice… or you use can water)
1/4 c. Soy Sauce, less sodium
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
1/4 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- In a small bowl, whisk together water/pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and ginger to create the marinade.
- Place pork chops in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove pork chops from the bag, saving the marinade. Heat marinade in a small saucepan on low for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and place pork chops in the dish with a pineapple slice on top of each one.
- Cook pork chops in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow pork chops to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with extra marinade for added flavor.
It’s as easy as that! I served mine with cauliflower mash (newest obsession!) and green beans.