Hey Health Nuts! I’ve got another deliciously healthy dinner meal to share with you. It’s probably more of a summer meal that would be awesome on the grill, but it tastes good baked in the oven as well. 🙂 Pineapple … Continue reading
Hello Everyone! I have a yummy new recipe to share with you, and the best part is it’s under 90 calories and it’s delicious! If you like a little spice and are working hard at keeping your New Years resolution … Continue reading
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVVVEEEEE CURRY! 😀 After spending way more money than I’d like to admit on take-out, I finally took on the task of trying to make my own curry… Let’s just say it took a few … Continue reading
Let the holiday baking begin! I saw these beautiful cookies in Better Homes & Gardens and needed to make them. They’re pretty easy to make… Although, cutting in the butter is always a pain. They also taste amazing. 🙂
1/2 c Maraschino Cherries, drained and finely chopped
2 1/2 c All-Purpose Flour
1/2 c Sugar
1 c Butter, cold
12 oz White Chocolate Baking Squares w/ cocoa butter
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
2 tsp Shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread cherries on paper towels to drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut butter into dry mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in drained cherries and 4 oz of chopped white chocolate. Stir in the almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture until it forms a smooth ball.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls. Place ball two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar. Flatten to 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cool for one minute on a cookie sheet and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 8 oz of white chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Roll dipped edge in sprinkles. Place cookies on wax paper until chocolate is set.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Fall baking? I just love all the warm flavors of pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon… Nom, nom, nom! My most recent concoction was Pumkpin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese frosting. This recipe is delicious! The … Continue reading
I had my first realization about a month ago that I am becoming a baked goods snob. Perhaps it was the purchase of my KitchenAid mixer, but I seem to have gotten a more “mature palette” when it comes to … Continue reading
Wowza! Allie and I have been slackin’ on postin’. While I retain my right to slack if I want to, I will try to blog more than once a month. 🙂 About two weeks ago marked another year older for … Continue reading
This isn’t rocket science or anything, but during my camping trips this summer I decided to combine some of my favorite foods into one Ultimate Food: Peanut Butter and Banana S’mores. *Drools* It’s an awesome take on a classic camping … Continue reading
My favorite soup at the Olive Garden has always been the Zuppa Toscana. I had never tried to make it before, but I’ve seen numerous copy cat recipes online and have even tried one that Zach’s sister had made which … Continue reading
Recently, Zach and I went to Mickey’s Tavern to enjoy one of their delicious bloody marys and ordered their Green Chile Pork appetizer. Holy moly… It is unbelievable! Zach must have had a taste for it this past Sunday because … Continue reading